Skype
Slevora

Revelation Revelation

Who would I be if I didn't review my current matched Rival's song?

I was glad to find something like this when I logged on since the song I've composed sits in the same genre.

You have a brilliant stage of build up. It feels like an army ready for lash out and compete. I do believe as what you mentioned that this song does feel like music you would hear for an epic trailer.

It is a very good listen.

The one thing I do wish, is that a main theme of some sort was present (or if I didn't hear it) more prominent. The build up is nice, but I kept waiting for something to go into a memorable theme.

It does not really matter in the end for I don't think a main theme resides in build up music, but you have a nice pace and indeed, have good timing with your instruments.

I did notice some overlapping issues but you addressed that in your summary, (I couldn't even perfectly equalize within the 2 weeks) so I don't think the judges will worry about overlapping.

The song is strong and built very well. Keep it up.

Sons of Valhall Sons of Valhall

Who would I be if I didn't review my opponent's song?

I could very much tell the heavenly inspired (Elfman Batman) riff at the start with the ongoing fast paced brass. A technique I very much enjoy. Even had the John Williams chord (harp) change right after, (At least that's what I hope you were going for).

And of course Zimmer's drum pattern after the amazing start. I appreciate people who take the time to learn some of the grand master's ways of music haha.

The chorus sounds very clean. My only nickback is the overflow of Brass (not saying you can never have enough), but a change of lead instruments would have set this song apart from the ongoing "epic trailer music" Newgrounds is going on with.

For someone with inspirations from Williams and Elfman, I do wish this song had a more prominent "Main theme" to it. Sadly after the song I couldn't hum or notice any real main theme. Just improv from Brass.

Besides that complaint, this is a well done song. It was enjoyable to hear some bright Signature Elfman style with a hint of Williams.

Good Luck, ;} -Veneox

SoundChris responds:

Thx for leavin your thought here! I am not sure williams was the inventor of the harp transitions - maybe. I planned to compose in different styles each round of the NGADM and just decided to compose something what i associate with the great hollywood sounds. I used round 2 to check out my new libraries and am quite comfortable with it- maybe the mixing could have been better. But because i have baby rabbits within my room i didnt want to scare them so i mixed with headphones ,,,

Maybe the maintheme could have been more lyrical - but that was the maximum epicness i could compose within 1.5 days composing session. Williams just has more time for his projects ;D

Cheers!

Sovngarde Chant (RMX) Sovngarde Chant (RMX)

Beautiful, it is clearly the best rendition of the song to find anywhere.

Jessismith responds:

Thanks, V! :)

Callisteia Callisteia

Well.

Strange to find a song I created posted by someone else. If you were just adding it for recognition, no harm.

But no reason to upload my song more than once to this site.

Thanks. ;}

Lavender Town - Orchestra Lavender Town - Orchestra

Just how

It should sound. Creepy, sad, but in a dark sense. Beautiful. Brilliant.

*DL* ;}

That Other Valley That Other Valley

Amazing use of Synth

All that needs to be said, well Done. ;}

RMP - Terrified RMP - Terrified

Pretty Damn Good.

I'll admit, Rap is not my taste in music.

But

You guys actually made a very unique and more settle ambient in it. It's almost like a Hybrid of the Rap Genre.

Well Done.

;}

Cry of the planet Cry of the planet

This is one of my favorite songs from FF7.

Anyways, I'll admit that using any instrument other then the synth sound effect is hard to pull off. (Due to the reason why Nobuo used that synth effect.)

All his other songs would be more easily advanced with orchestration though.

Violin/Cello was a nice choice though.

;}

Let Us Battle! Let Us Battle!

Pretty good.

Sounds very like Mahito Yokota's style used in the Super Mario galaxy games at parts. But also has some more unique styles in it as well.

Mt. Itoi Mt. Itoi

Damn Amazing.

I love this song. This is FAR better than the version I created in my "Mother World" medley.

I love the Violin trills at the start. It has the simple awesome that is great. I do wish a little more was added to boost some effect seeing how this is 4:00 long.

Anyways, well done.